[Openstack] [All] Summit Session Proposal Voting

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Jan 28 10:17:02 UTC 2015

Maish Saidel-Keesing wrote:
> CFP is upon us, and thereafter will be a period of voting for the sessions.
>
> What is the purpose of the voting period? Is it for the Foundation to
> gauge what sessions are more popular?
> How is this measured?
> What weight does the popularity have in deciding if a session is
> accepted or not?

My understanding is that each conference track has a chair (or group of
people) responsible for selecting the talks, and that the voting helps
them select popular talks. It's not the only criteria they follow though
(otherwise you would end up with 12 Docker talks).

(disclaimer: I have never been a track chair so I only speculate on the
process they follow)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)