[Openstack] Pinging/SSH'ng Guest to host works but host to guest does not work

Ashish Jain ashjain2 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 18:23:07 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am unable to ping/ssh from my host VM to guest VM. However opposite works
just fine, that is I am able to ping from guest to host VM. Currently I am
accessing my guest from horizon console and have tried pinging/sshing into
my host VM and it works just fine. I have also tried using network
namespace to ping from host to guest but it does not work. I am using
Neutron networking.

I have already enabled access to TCP/UDP/ICMP ports using the following

nova --os-tenant-name TenantA --os-username UserA --os-password password
--os-auth-url=http://localhost:5000/v2.0 \
secgroup-add-rule default tcp 1 65535 0.0.0.0/0

nova --os-tenant-name TenantA --os-username UserA --os-password password
--os-auth-url=http://localhost:5000/v2.0 \
secgroup-add-rule default udp 1 65535 0.0.0.0/0

nova --os-tenant-name TenantA --os-username UserA --os-password password
--os-auth-url=http://localhost:5000/v2.0 \
secgroup-add-rule default icmp -1 -1 0.0.0.0/0

Please suggest how should I go about debugging this issue.

Regards
Ashish