[Openstack] [Swift] Access control using keystoneauth - new user can create container by default

Jake Kugel jkugel at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 21 19:07:18 UTC 2015

I found out what I had done that caused the behavior in original note,
posting here for reference.

In my proxy-server.conf file I had setting 'is_admin = true' in the
filter:keystone section, which I didn't realize will grant swift operator
privileges to any user whose name matches its tenant name.  And in each
test I was creating a new tenant and new user with the same name, so I
would always see new users be given swift operator privileges.

When I created a user with a name different than its tenant, then I was
given unauthorized error as expected.

-Jake