[Openstack] [Neutron][Horizon]Create Instance With a Subnet

Erhan Ekici erhan.ekici at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 12:33:23 UTC 2015

Hi Wilence,

(for Juno), DHCP agent uses one subnet for a given network. (even if you
have multiple --dhcp enabled subnets on the same network).

check "neutron net-list" command. First subnet in given network will be
used as ip pool and new instance will get its ip from that pool via dhcp.
If you need to change subnet in instance launch step, you should use fixed
-ip when you create a new instance.

I do not think that you can do much in dashboard when you want to transfer
an instance from subnet1 to subnet2. However, you can use nova client-cli
to attach/detach interfaces to your instance. (Be careful, you need to
manually configure the second fixed-ip in your instance since
interface-attach can not do anything to configure newly added interface.
Just newly added device will available but not configured).

Erhan,