[Openstack] Fwd: How to reset neutron (to clear leftovers from incorrect configuration)

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 21:14:46 UTC 2015

Bump

Noone to comment on this approach? Am I missing something or is this the
proper way to reset Neutron?

Regards,

    Uwe

Betreff: How to reset neutron (to clear leftovers from incorrect
configuration)
Datum: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 15:00:01 +0100
Von: Uwe Sauter <uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com>
Antwort an: uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
An: openstack at lists.openstack.org

Hi all,

I'd like to get your comments on how to correctly clean a defective
neutron configuration so I can start over with a new config.

I'm currently running on CentOS 7 but try to keep it as generic as
possible (but the distro affects the service and package names…)

#### Compute hosts ####
1) stop service:
   # systemctl stop neutron-openvswitch-agent.service
2) remove Openvswtch bridges:
   # ovs-vsctl del-br br-tun
   # ovs-vsctl del-br br-int
3) stop services:
   # systemctl stop openvswitch.service
   # systemctl stop openvswitch-nonetwork.service
4) remove Openvswitch persistent configuration
   # rm -rf /etc/openvswitch/* /etc/openvswitch/.*
5) remove Openvswitch Kernel module
   # rmmod openvswitch
6) optionally: reset configuration files:
   # rm -rf /etc/neutron/*
   # yum reinstall openstack-neutron openstack-neutron-ml2
openstack-neutron-openvswitch (or whatever plugins were installed
additionally)
#################################

#### Network host ####
1) stop services:
   # systemctl stop neutron-l3-agent.service
   # systemctl stop neutron-dhcp-agent.service
   # systemctl stop neutron-metadata-agent.service
   # systemctl stop neutron-openvswitch-agent.service
   # systemctl stop neutron-ovs-cleanup.service
   # systemctl stop neutron-openvswitch-agent.service
2) remove Openvswtch bridges:
   # ovs-vsctl del-br br-tun
   # ovs-vsctl del-br br-int
   # ovs-vsctl del-br br-ex
3) stop services:
   # systemctl stop openvswitch.service
   # systemctl stop openvswitch-nonetwork.service
4) remove Openvswitch persistent configuration
   # rm -rf /etc/openvswitch/* /etc/openvswitch/.*
5) remove Openvswitch Kernel module
   # rmmod openvswitch
6) optionally: reset configuration files:
   # rm -rf /etc/neutron/*
   # yum reinstall openstack-neutron openstack-neutron-ml2
openstack-neutron-openvswitch (or whatever plugins were installed
additionally)
#################################

#### Neutron controller host ####
1) stop service:
   # systemctl stop neutron-server.service
2) clear neutron database (on database host):
   # mysql -u <DBADMIN> -p
   mysql> drop database neutron;
   mysql> create database neutron;
3) optionally: reset configuration files:
   # rm -rf /etc/neutron/*
   # yum reinstall openstack-neutron openstack-neutron-ml2 (or whatever
plugins were installed additionally)
#################################

When come to that point, one can begin configuring Neutron again from a
clean point. Don't forget to:

1) create a symlink on each host
   /etc/neutron/plugin.ini -> /etc/neutron/plugins/ml2/ml2_conf.ini
2) sync the database on the controller host
3) configure Neutron
4) restart services on all hosts

Do I forget any step? Is there an easier way to get back the vanilla state?

Best regards,

	Uwe