[Openstack] Query regarding ceilometer keystone readings.

Vivek Varghese Cherian vivekcherian at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 13:23:14 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Eoghan Glynn <eglynn at redhat.com> wrote:

> > I am trying to enable Ceilometer meters for Keystone in IceHouse. I am
> > referring the url
> > http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/measurements.html for the
> > Keystone meters.
> >
> > I am following the url
> > http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/install/manual.html
> > and I have already created a service for ceilometer in keystone and also
> > Create an endpoint in keystone for ceilometer, as mentioned.
> >
> > I am not getting any keystone related meters using the ceilometer
> meter-list
> > in Icehouse.
>
> Support for those meters was only added in Juno, so would not
> be available in Icehouse.
>
> Note the difference between the master docs source:
>

> https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/master/doc/source/measurements.rst
>
> and the stable/icehouse version:
>

> https://github.com/openstack/ceilometer/blob/stable/icehouse/doc/source/measurements.rst
>
> Cheers,
> Eoghan
>
> > I would like to know if any further configuration changes at the
> ceilometer
> > and/or
> > keystone end is required to get the readings. Also wanted to confirm if
> these
> > measurements are for the Juno release or if they are supported in
> Icehouse.
> >

> > Regards,
> > --
> > Vivek Varghese Cherian (विवेक वर्गीस चेरियान)

Hi,

We have a Juno setup and we are trying to access the Keystone ceilometer
meter readings. We are following the URL
http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer/measurements.html

We are not able to access any of the below meters for Keystone in
ceilometer

identity.authenticate.success
identity.authenticate.pending
identity.authenticate.failure
identity.role_assignment.created
identity.role_assignment.deleted
identity.user.created
identity.user.deleted
identity.user.updated
identity.group.created
identity.group.deleted
identity.group.updated
identity.role.created
identity.role.deleted
identity.role.updated
identity.project.created
identity.project.deleted
identity.project.updated
identity.trust.created
identity.trust.deleted

Kindly clarify if these Keystone meters have made it to the Juno release.

Regards,
--
Vivek Varghese Cherian