[Openstack] Using DevStack for exploring energy efficient VM placement algorithms

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Feb 23 21:33:05 UTC 2015

You can certainly use devstack with multiple nodes:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/devstack/guides/multinode-lab.html

With respect to controlling which compute node gets a given instance, I
think you will need to mess with the Nova Scheduler (filters):

http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/config-reference/content/section_compute-scheduler.html

Regards

Mark