[Openstack] [heat] MultiNIC VM default Gateway

Adnan Smajlovic a.smajlovic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 17:01:42 UTC 2015

On 6 February 2015 at 04:41, Heinonen, Johanna (NSN - FI/Espoo) <
johanna.heinonen at nsn.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I am experimenting with heat and have a template that creates a multinic
> VM (3 interfaces). One interface has floating IP and connectivity outside.
> The problem is that I do not know how to specify the default gateway of the
> VM.  If it is not to the network that has floating IP the connectivity
> outside is not working. In HOT template where can I specify this explicitly?
> (I have tried also to put the interfaces in different order in hope that
> it would help, but the result seems to be somehow random)
>
> Best regards,
> Johanna

Hi Johanna,

Based on your description of the problem I'm not convinced that the Heat
template is the place to set the default gateway for the instance in
question.  It sounds like you are making use of a default gateway for all
three tenant networks and the order they are configured determines the
default gateway set.

Rather than speculate on the circumstances can you please provide more
information on your current setup e.g. are making use of nova-networks or
Neutron, are Neutron routers involved, as well as some general information
about the tenant networks themselves (use of DHCP, host routes, etc.)?

Regards,

--
Adnan