[Openstack] Slow Horizon on Icehouse.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Mon Aug 31 19:59:28 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-31 14:58, Stephen_Friday at DELL.com wrote:

> Try looking at your keystone table, not sure how old your stamp is but
> if you are not pruning then the keystone table becomes large and can
> slow response times, at least that is what I have seen in the past

I appreciate the thought, Steve, but I'd actually given that a try
before installing the SSD.  I'd had ~100K entries in the token table,
and brought it down to ~25K.  Just now, I did some more pruning, and
have it to ~2500, and it's still slow as molasses logging in and
clicking stuff.

I tried doing a tcpdump on the cloud controller, but, aside from the
fact that interaction with horizon is slow (which I already knew),
nothing really stands out.  (If it matters any, on my tcpdump, there are
two five-second pauses in interaction with Horizon.  I tried to find
five-second pauses in other interactions, e.g., with keystone, or MySQL,
to no avail.)

-Ken