[Openstack] Import OpenStack Snapshot to Amazon AMI

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Sun Apr 26 17:15:26 UTC 2015

 Hi!

 I am trying to find a way to import an OpenStack snapshot to Amazon as
 AMI.

 While browsing the web in order to find a way I came across this post:

 http://lucasdipaola.blogspot.gr/2014/04/importing-openstack-image-into-amazon.html

 I 've tried to followed the procedure described there but I got stack
 at the step where I was supposed
 to mount the "image.img" since I got a : "mount: you must specify the
 filesystem type" error.

 Any ideas what is going on here or any other suggestions on how to
 achieve my goal ?

 Just to say here (don't know if it makes any difference) that my
 initial "image.img" was a file (1.7GB approximately) that was located
 under /var/lib/glance/images and that corresponds to a snapshot of a VM
 that I would like to transfer. This file was copied directly and used as
 "image.img".

 Best regards,

 George