[Openstack] Keystone Token expiration on long Swift operations.

Forrest Townsend forrest.town18 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 18:13:30 UTC 2015

Hey all,

I am writing an application that writes and reads from Swift using an SDK
to communicate to Openstack. Would like to hear some insight as to avoid
the default 60 minute token expiration. What I was looking into was
recreating the connection to Openstack but wasn't sure if this actually
created a new token. The use case where I hit an expiration is when I have
a connection open and doing many writes that exceed 60 minutes, at the 60
minute mark, I get a disconnection.

Are token's account/container based?

Rather than setting the token expiration in the keystone.conf to a custom
value, I would like to know from an application point of view how to get
around this.

Thanks,
Forrest T.