[Openstack] Object still random showing after object expired

Jirayut Nimsaeng jirayut at proteus-tech.com
Tue Apr 7 17:23:39 UTC 2015

I'm using Swift from apt-get package on Ubuntu 14.10 that's 2.2.0-0ubuntu1
with 1 proxy and 3 nodes already running fine for few months.

After I found the feature object expirer so I tested it by running its
process on only proxy node. But found that after see in the log show it's
doing fine

Apr  7 17:02:56 openstack-swift-proxy object-expirer: Pass completed in 0s;
3 objects expired

But the object still random showing when doing swift list command. The
chance is around 1/3 that the object will show. If I doing swift stat
command on that object it will always show 404. The Horizon dashboard is
random either. I tried to check log on all proxy and storage nodes but did
not find anything useful.

The only way to fix this to make the object completely remove is doing
swift delete command and that will return 404 but after that it won't show
in swift list anymore.

I'm trying to do swift-recon --expirer and found this output

--> Starting reconnaissance on 3 hosts
[2015-04-07 17:20:17] Checking on expirers
[object_expiration_pass] - No hosts returned valid data.
[expired_last_pass] - No hosts returned valid data.

When I dig into http://xxx:6000/recon/expirer/object I got this output

{"object_expiration_pass": null, "expired_last_pass": null}

Anyone has any clue to fix this?

Regards,
Jirayut