[Openstack] [openstack] BM provisioning through Horizon/CLI?

Murugesan, Sirushti sirushti.murugesan at hp.com
Thu Sep 11 06:19:24 UTC 2014

Sounds like a usage question.

Apparently, a hybrid VM/BM deployment is possible via the usage of Host-Aggregates. So you'd have to tag your flavors and use some extra configuring to provision to baremetal or VM's depending on how you set up your host aggregates and use those flavors accordingly.

Managing life-cycle through Overcloud agents if I understand correctly could perhaps be done with HEAT's Software Config model. There's this spec[1] being implemented for Juno which could be of interest to you.

I'd like to know however why Matthias thought what you asked was not possible. Perhaps, he has some insight on this.

Regards,
Sirushti Murugesan

[1] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/heat-specs/specs/action-aware-sw-config.html