[Openstack] [Cinder] deploying multiple backend

Jyoti Ranjan jranjan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 17:54:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have three nodes say N1, N2 and N3 where I want to deploy LVM and want to
consume for volume provisioning using common backend name say Group-LVM.
Can you help me for following questions:

Do I need to have exactly same cinder.conf for all three instances of
cinder-volume? I think no  as it will result in running three cinder-volume
backend instances on each node. In total, it will be 9 instances of
cinder-volume publishing capabilities to cinder-scheduler.

Regards,
Jyoti Ranjan