[Openstack] Suggestion for lab environment

Md. Maruful Hassan mrf.mnm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 12:54:16 UTC 2014

@Adam

Thanks.

I was actually running Virtualbox on top of Linux host. Sorry I should have
mentioned that.
When I started reading various docs relating to Openstack found lot of
people building lab
env on it. Also, it was the quickest to start with as I already had few VMs
running on it. But
now I understand (thanks to you for the pointers relating to various
components of VBox) the
setup of VBos wasn't probably the best one.

ESXi was/is definitely the better choice, I understand that. But that means
I'll have blow my
,unfortunately, only machine and re-install the ESXi on it. Just didn't
want to do that at the
start. But I like Don's idea to use KVM instead.

I'm just trying to learn openstack and really just looking for a 'useable'
vm instances running
on it (even if it runs under Vbox/KVM/esxi).

@Don,

Thanks.

As mentioned above, I like the idea of running openstack on KVM. I'll head
in that way. Will see
how it goes. One question, do I still have to use libvirt_type=qemu on
compute node running
under KVM?

regards
Maruf