[Openstack] Centos 7 root pasword

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Oct 15 09:33:16 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 01:11:40PM +0530, Mridhul Pax wrote:
>    Hi Friends,
>    I have downloaded a centos 7 image from the following site and created a
>    glance image. Im able to provison a server via that image and the server
>    booted up fine. Any one know how to login to the server ?
>    I tried combinations like root/centos , centos/centos but no luck
>    I downloaded the QCOW2 image from the following link :
>    http://cloud.centos.org/centos/7/devel/

You've got some good suggestions already, bug FWIW I find virt-sysprep
invaluable in these sort of situations:

http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/new-in-virt-sysprep-set-root-and-user-passwords/

It can be used to (amongst other things) set a root password in a cloud
image for debugging, or run a firstboot script to, for example, disable a
troublesome service while you debug it.

Steve