[Openstack] Can I build Openstack cloud on windows7

lucas.gary at gmail.com lucas.gary at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 06:39:07 UTC 2014

The original question asked (or at least seemed to me to be asking) if it
was possible to run the openstack project on windows boxes.

cloud.init seems to be a configuration agent for windows guests (which is
awesome and thanks allot for the link)
There are additional components for hosting a partially windows based
cloud, (cinder plugin, neutron plug in, nova plug in for hyper-v)

So some of the components appear to be available, but you'd still be
missing most of the components, not to mention all the infrastructure that
you'd need to hand roll...