[Openstack] Hypervisor Quota

Don Waterloo don.waterloo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 19:19:59 UTC 2014

On 25 November 2014 at 13:38, Georgios Dimitrakakis <giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr>
wrote:

> Is there somehow a way to setup different quotas for different hypervisors?
>
> I have a multi-node installation where each node has different physical
> specification from the others.
>
> How can I limit each one to be able to start a specific number of VMs
> based on the available flavors and the available specs?
>

> Best regards,

You probably don't mean quota, which applies to a tenant.
cpu_allocation_ratio=16
ram_allocation_ratio=3
reserved_host_memory_mb=4096

are 3 things that can be set in nova.conf, but i don't think these will
achieve your goal of making nova scheduler make different decisions.

Generally,
http://docs.openstack.org/juno/config-reference/content/section_compute-scheduler.html
shows the options the scheduler will look at.

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/devref/filter_scheduler.html has
some description, you can see the JsonFilter  is probably what you want.