[Openstack] Sahara: No images available after registering UbuntuVanilla Image when launching cluster.‏

Edward HUANG huangxx_2155 at live.com
Mon Nov 24 19:28:56 UTC 2014

Hi all,  I'm setting up a local cloud environment on servers in my lab.  I installed OpenStack with devstack, and i install it with sahara.  Data processing appears in the dashboard, and i did add a ubuntu-vanilla qcow2 images according to http://docs.openstack.org/developer/sahara/userdoc/vanilla_plugin.html. I download and register the Ubuntu-Vanilla-2.4.1.qcow2.  And I set two node template, one master node with namenode, oozie, resourcemaneger, nodemanager, historyserver.  One worker node template with datanode.  And I setup a cluster template with one master node and one worker node.  But when I try to launch to cluster, I cannot select images. In the slot where base image should be selected, it shows 'no images available'.  Does anyone have experience regarding to this? Am i missing something in my configuration?
Thanks!
Edward ZILONG HUANGMS at ECE department, Carnegie Mellon Universityhttp://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/zilongh/