[Openstack] Ceilometer Arithmetic Transformer

Eoghan Glynn eglynn at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 15:23:30 UTC 2014

> Hi all,
>
> I am using ceilometer with arithmetic transformer to combine two meters.
> Here is an extract of my pipeline.yaml (it's just a dummy test)
>
> sources:
>      - name: disk_source
>        interval: 600
>        meters:
>            - "disk.read.bytes"
>            - "disk.read.requests"
>            - "disk.write.bytes"
>            - "disk.write.requests"
>        sinks:
>            - disk_sink
>            - disk_read_write_sink
>
> sinks:
>      - name: disk_read_write_sink
>        transformers:
>            - name: "arithmetic"
>              parameters:
>                  target:
>                      name: "disk.read.write.bytes"
>                      unit: "B"
>                      type: "cumulative"
>                      expr: "2*$(disk.read.bytes) + 2*$(disk.write.bytes)"
>        publishers:
>            - rpc://
>

> I get this error:
> "Unable to perform calculation, not all of {_disk_write_bytes_ESC,
> _disk_read_bytes_ESC} are present"

That warning indicates that not all the meters referred to the expression
are available in the transformer cache when the pipeline is flushed.

It's not obvious why that's occurring in your case, as the config looks
correct.

Can I ask if both the disk.read.bytes and disk.read.bytes meters are
being successfully published via the disk_sink?

Cheers,
Eoghan