[Openstack] Nova-network Bug??

Georgios Dimitrakakis giorgis at acmac.uoc.gr
Sat May 31 11:09:13 UTC 2014

 Hi!

 For some days now I am trying to figure out what is the problem and
 IceHouse instances don't get internet access (you can have a look here:
 https://www.mail-archive.com/openstack@lists.openstack.org/msg07138.html
 )

 Today I 've discovered that I have to put a NAT-firewall rule in the
 compute node every time I start an instance. The rule that is needed is:

 iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o  eth0 -j MASQUERADE

 If I put the rule and then I start an instance then the instance
 doesn't have internet connectivity unless I put the rule again. The same
 applies if I start a second instance! All of them are loosing
 internet-connectivity. Putting the rule again and all of them are
 connected again. And the same happens again and again.

 Is this a bug somewhere??? Am I missing something??

 You all understand that it's not convenient at all to have to execute
 this every time an instance is started!

 Looking forward to hear your thoughts!

 Regards,

 G.