[Openstack] How to configure Neutron Networking from GRE to VXLAN?

Benedikt Trefzer benedikt.trefzer at cirrax.com
Wed May 28 05:41:13 UTC 2014

Hi Kim

I just did the same switching from gre to vxlan.
Here's what I learned:

You have to delete all the old networks in the installation that where
created with gre. They do not work because the tunnel type is stored in
the DB. I was not able to change it.

According to ovs-neutron_plugin.ini. I think this depends on the
distribution used. I realized, that not all daemons read the same config
files on startup. Thats why I had also to modify both mentioned files.
To ensure all parameteters are set, I used debug=True and verbose=True
like this you see the configuration the daemon uses in the logfile.

hope this helps

Benedikt