[Openstack] Defining resources at vm creation time without specifying a flavour.

Andrew Stringer andrew at rainsbrook.co.uk
Thu May 8 14:26:58 UTC 2014

Hi, recently I have created some staging (QA) environments from snapshots
of the prod environment.

Because these are snapshots, the disk requirements are the same between
staging and prod, but I would like to have allocated much less cpu and
memory. Unfortunately, because a flavour ties disk, cpu and memory
together, I cannot specify the machine size I would like without having to
define a new flavour for the QA.

If I start on the route of defining a new flavour for each vm, I can see
the flavour list becoming unmanageable.

Is there a way with openstack to define the machine's resources at
creation time in a similar way to virtual box, vmware or AIX LAPRS?

Regards,
Andrew.

--
Windows, for life without walls.