[Openstack] Help with Using the PaaS

Ritesh Nanda riteshnanda09 at gmail.com
Fri May 2 02:08:18 UTC 2014

Mohan,

You can have a look at cloudfoundry which is a Paas solution , which runs
on top of openstack,
For developers cloudfoundry is a good option , it  works in a similar
fashion as heroku buildpacks.
You can easily develop java application and deploy using these buildpacks.

Regards,
Ritesh

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 7:28 PM, Alejandro Bonilla <
abonilla at linuxwireless.org> wrote:

> Mohan,
>
> OpenStack is a IaaS. You can achieve your goal by creating a base
> image that contains the application framework and then deploy the
> image on both projects/tenants and apply their corresponding
> Application on top. There are several mechanisms to create images, and
> several OpenStack deployment methods. Look around for DevStack and
> your favorite distribution...
>
> ie
> http://jaegerandi.blogspot.com/2014/04/openstack-icehouse-released-and.html
>
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Mohan Radhakrishnan
> <radhakrishnan.mohan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was asking this because even seasoned programmers don't deal with
> > networking concepts often. The usecase is this. I have card transaction
> > processing systems for two banks.These are MFT and scheduling systems
> and a
> > web application.
> > How do I build a simple multi-tenant PaaS for isolating these systems
> from
> > each other ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mohan
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 5:46 PM, Mohan Radhakrishnan
> > <radhakrishnan.mohan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >>             I would like tp try OpenStack on my 8 GB machine to deploy
> >> Java applications. This is from the perspective of a application
> developer
> >> who wants to deploy to the local devstack.
> >> So two such financial applications could be isolated from each other
> using
> >> the multi-tenant support. Are there such tutorials ?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Mohan

* With Regards  *

* Ritesh Nanda*