[Openstack] keystone/HTTPD config issue

mike.hearn mike.hearn at oracle.com
Mon Mar 31 17:22:00 UTC 2014

Hoping someone can offer some help / guidance.

I am trying to configure keystone to run in HTTPD.
Release: Havana
OS: EL 6.5

Following documentation I have configured a VirtualHost in my webserver
and made the necessary updates in keystone.conf (admin_port,
public_port, admin_endpoint, public_endpoint, external driver)

Before updating endpoints in the keystone repo I ran an initial keystone
cmd to verify the original endpoints and to test the httpd setup was
functioning correctly  e.g./
$ keystone --os-endpointhttp://xxxxxxx:8080/keystone/admin/v2.0
<http://xxxxxxx:8080/keystone/admin/v2.0>--os-token xxxxxxxx service-get
keystone/

This failed with errors showing up in the webserver log files.

/[VirtualHost: xxxxxxx:8080]  from paste import deploy
[VirtualHost: xxxxxxx:8080]  ImportError: cannot import name deploy/

The error is obviously linked to the keystone.wsgi file (as linked frpm
keystone/admin) and its attempt to import the paste module
e.g.  (extract from keystone.wsgi)

/from paste import deploy
from keystone.openstack.common import gettextutils/

I did some research and found an older but similar issue occurred with
the /keystone-all/ file. The fix was to ensure that the import of
gettextutils occured before the import of deploy from paste.
(https://github.com/redhat-openstack/keystone/commit/e053026a
<https://github.com/redhat-openstack/keystone/commit/e053026a>)

I moved the import of gettextutils above the paste import in
keystone.wsgi  which did remove the paste import error. However,  the
webserver log file now shows a segfault after re-running the keystone
cmd above

/[VirtualHost: xxxxxxx:8080]  Premature end of script headers: admin
[VirtualHost: xxxxxxx:8080]  Request Failed for :
/keystone/admin/v2.0/OS-KSADM/services/keystone, Resp Code : [500]
[VirtualHost: main]  child pid 9671 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)/

I also looked in /var/log/messages and see:
/ kernel: httpd.worker[9705]: segfault at 0 ip 00007f509a7cf86f sp
00007f508e432fb8 error 4 inlibc-2.12.so
<http://libc-2.12.so/>[7f509a69c000+18b000]/

So at this point I need to ask ://

1 - Was I correct to update keystone.wsgi and move the/import
gettextutils/above/import deploy  ?

/
2 - Has anyone come across similar issues when configuring keystone to
run in HTTPD/

/I'd gratefully appreciate any help and advic/e/on solving or trouble
shooting/

/
Cheers