[Openstack] How to use cinder volume encryption?

SAKAMOTO, Asami sakamoto.asami at nttcom.co.jp
Mon Mar 31 09:02:16 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

I've try to use cinder volume encryption in the following way.
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/VolumeEncryption (Test Setup Guide)

I've created two volume;
The one have "encryption=LUKS" metadata and the other not have it.
I attached them to VM, and tested if encryption working or not.
But I couldn't confirm it.
(Both volumes seemed to work same way).

While testing,  I've referred to the "Test Setup Guide"
(6. Inside the instance...).

Does anyone success to confirm cinder volume encrypting with wiki's way?
Or any additional components are needed?

My environment(Havana) was builded with "Installation Guide" procedure.
(http://docs.openstack.org/havana/install-guide/install/apt/content/)
OS is Ubuntu 12.0.3 and cinder disk partition is LVM.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Asami SAKAMOTO