[Openstack] Ceilometer - Formulas From low level metrics to QoS

Rima Grati rima.grati at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 10:25:31 UTC 2014

Hi Eoghan and every body;

Please i am blocked on one point. I need to know some mapping formulas. For
example the QoS availability is calculated through the low level metric
uptime and downtime. And the used formulas is: availability = 1-
(uptime/downtime+uptime).
Please whom know others formulas to calculate others QoS through low level.
For example:
Throughput???
Reliability???
Cost???

Thank you
Yours,
Rima

> Hi Rima,
>
> What precisely do you mean by QoS values?
>
> Are you talking about the responsiveness of an API service?
>
> That is not something that you can directly derive from the
> instance-level metrics such as CPU util & network IOPs that
> ceilometer collects.
>
> Cheers,
> Eoghan

Rima Grati
PhD student
Multimedia, InfoRmation systems & Advanced Computing Laboratory -Miracl
Sfax University
Address : FSEGS, CP 1088, 3018 Sfax-Tunisia