[Openstack] [openstack][cinder][vmware]volume migrations is auto or manual while attaching the volume to instances?

vitas.yuzhou vitas.yuzhou at foxmail.com
Tue Jun 24 12:29:22 UTC 2014

Hi all,

    In  http://docs.openstack.org/icehouse/config-reference/content/vmware-vmdk-driver.html‍,

in "Data store selection" section, I saw some decription:

"If two or more data stores match the storage policy, the driver chooses a data store that is connected to the maximum number of hosts.‍"
"These actions reduce the number of volume migrations while attaching the volume to instances.
The volume must be migrated if the ESX host for the instance cannot access the data store that contains the volume.‍"

    My question is this volume migration‍ is auto or manual? Is it means there must be a ESXi host connect the two datastores?‍

Thanks.

Zhou Yu