[Openstack] [devstack]How to restart all services without unstack ?

Li, Chen chen.li at intel.com
Wed Jun 11 04:33:13 UTC 2014

"quit" command works!

Thanks a lot.
-chen

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Kirkwood [mailto:mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2014 12:09 PM
To: openstack at lists.openstack.org
Subject: Re: [Openstack] [devstack]How to restart all services without unstack ?

On 11/06/14 14:51, Li, Chen wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I just installed a devstack environment.
>
> I didn't find a good way to restart all services, so I use
>
> 1.       ./unstack.sh
>
> 2.       ./rejoin-stack.sh
>
> Then I noticed that after ./unstack.sh, br-int and br-ex had been removed (but not br-tun), but ./rejoin-stack.sh would not add them back automate. So I reported a bug:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/devstack/+bug/1327042
>
> But the bug has been marked as invalid due to:
> "./unstack.sh destroys deployment, it is not intended to be used for services restart"
>
> So, here is my question:
> how can I restart all services without unstack ??

I've been using:

$ cd ~/devstack
$ screen -dR
ctrl-a
:quit

$ ./rejoin-stack.sh
ctrl-a

I had *thought* that this was described on http://devstack.org/ somewhere, however I cannot find it now (funny how often that happens).

The only bugs with the above procedure I have seen is that some services are not correctly terminated by the screen quit (looking at you Swift and Trove) and you need to kill 'em before rejoining...

Regards

Mark