[Openstack] heat autoscaling group/instance relationships

Aaron Knister aaron.knister at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 18:40:09 UTC 2014

I'm trying to figure out how to determine all instances that were created
as part of a given autoscaling group. I want to take a given autoscaling
group and list all of its instances. So far I can't figure out how to do
this. The instances themselves have a tag called "AutoScalingGroupName"
(mystack-MyServerGroup-f3r72ifsj2jq for example) but the value of that
doesn't seem to map to anything. A resource-show on the autoscaling group
doesn't seem to show any identifier that maps to the autoscaling group
name.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thanks!

-Aaron