[Openstack] Is there a sample application source code run on openStack?

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jun 9 12:32:04 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-09 16:43:25 +0430 (+0430), hossein zabolzadeh wrote:
[...]
> I want to check how the application code (e.g. MediaWiki source
> code), need to be changed to work on the openstack. Strictly
> speaking, I hear a lot about this: "In order to fully leverage the
> openstack infrastructure services, your application source code
> need to be changed". I want to know which parts of my
> application(e.g. My customized Joomla) needs to be change...

I'm not sure where you're hearing this from, but you seem to have
some misconceptions. For example, the OpenStack Infrastructure Team
manages numerous unmodified "stateful" applications on donated
resources from OpenStack-based service providers for the benefit of
our contributors and the broader community (Gerrit, Jenkins, even
Mediawiki!). You start a virtual machine with whatever operating
system you need and install and run your software on it for as long
as you need (including indefinitely). Just make sure to pick a
service provider with some guarantees about uptime and not deleting
your systems, maybe one who also offers load balancing/fail-over
solutions too (same concerns as in a non-"cloud" deployment).

Yes, to take advantage of modern concepts like automatic elastic
scaling you may need applications which support those sorts of
deployment methods, but under the hood OpenStack provides virtual
machines--so if your needs can be met on VMs then they're probably
just fine to manage through OpenStack.
--
Jeremy Stanley