[Openstack] Is it possible to start Trove instance without volume?

Mark Kirkwood mark.kirkwood at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Jun 3 06:27:36 UTC 2014

On 30/05/14 21:44, Heinonen, Johanna (NSN - FI/Espoo) wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to start trove instance in icehouse without volume
> support (cinder)?
> There is a parameter in trove.conf and trove-taskmanager.conf files
> called “trove_volume_support” but if I give value False to this and try
> to create trove instance I got the following error:
> trove create testmongo 2 --size=2 --databases=testDB --users test:password
> ERROR: Volume support is not enabled.
> BR
> Johanna

I have not experimented with launching instances w/o cinder support
myself yet, however I see from comments in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/trove/+bug/1194597/ that you might need to
either:

a) have an ephemeral volume /dev/vdb setup in the chosen flavor (or
similar) or
b) set device_path = None as well as trove_volume_support = False

Cheers

Mark