[Openstack] [Swift] Geo replication vs Storage policies

Shrinand Javadekar shrinand at maginatics.com
Wed Jul 30 17:18:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

Swift v1 allowed for geo replication using read and write affinity
rules. Now, Swift v2 allows setting storage policies (which can affect
replication) per container. I wanted to know if/how these two
intersect. Some of the following are straight-forward questions, just
wanted to get a confirmation.

1. If I have Swift v2.0 installation, can I enable geo replication
without having a separate storage policy?
2. How does a user enable both geo replication and have storage policies?
3. Are there plans of consolidating geo replication and storage policies?

Thanks in advance.
-Shri