[Openstack] [devstack] [neutron] How to make br-ex work in devstack

Deepak Shetty dpkshetty at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 12:04:09 UTC 2014

Hi,
  I have a devstack setup inside a VM (all in one setup), lets say
devstack-vm
I have another VM with glusterfs server running, lets say glusterfs-vm

I am trying to enable connectivity between the nova instance (VM) created
on devstack-vm and my glusterfs server on glusterfs-vm.

I associated a public IP to my nova VM, but it doesn't work. I think the
br-ex bridge on my devstack-VM isn't wired to my eth0 on devstack-VM.

Is it documented anywhere on how to enable this so that I can have my nova
VMs connect to my external glusterfs server ?

I plan to try to do this manually by swapping the ifcfg-eth0 by ifcfg-br-ex
and add eth0 as a device inside br-ex, but before I do that, wanted to
check if there is a better or neutron cli based method to help me do this
in a saner way ?

Appreciate a response.

thanx,
deepak