[Openstack] Service Now integration?

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Thu Jul 17 16:42:43 UTC 2014

We followed a very similar approach... we use Service Now to give us the approval cycle which does not seem to be within OpenStack’s self service… i.e.

1.      User states the project name, #cores, RAM, member list in a record producer

2.      Received by the resource co-ordinator who reviews priorities, justification, … and gives a yes/no. If yes,

3.      Action is executed by the cloud support team

4.      Confirmed to the user

There is some work going on with hierarchical projects which will allow us to delegate some of this but the approach above has worked well for the past year

Tim