[Openstack] [Ceilometer] Question regarding the meter "cpu time used"

饶定远 raodingyuan at chinacloud.com.cn
Thu Jul 3 09:45:10 UTC 2014

Hi folks,

I found that the “cpu time used” meter actually means “cpu time used *since last boot-up*”, at least in libvirt environments. It will be reset to ZERO after VM restart. As far as I understand, a cumulative type meter should be strictly increasing, so it looks very strange to me.

My questions are:

1, Since I have libvirt environment only, I haven’t tested on vsphere or any others. Does it behave the same in other environments?

2, Is it intended to be like this?

2, What should a billing system do to correctly use this meter?

Please help :)

Thanks a lot!

Kurt Rao

ChinaCloud Information Technology Co., Ltd.

E_mail: raodingyuan at chinacloud.com.cn <mailto:raodingyuan at chinacloud.com.cn>