[Openstack] [nova] v2 and v3 API, paste.ini configuration

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Jan 29 01:30:53 UTC 2014

Sorry it took me so long to see this.

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 3:44 AM, George Shuklin <george.shuklin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Good day.
>
> We trying to create middleware to restrict downscale of disks, and here
> few questions:
>
> 1) There is 'v3' API for nova in api-paste.ini, but I found no any
> documentation about 'v3 nova api' on api.openstack.org, and
> horizon/nova-pythonclient use v2 only. What is this? Is middleware for v3
> differ from v2?

There is no v3 documentation yet, and the Compute v3 API it hasn't been
part of a release yet.

As for any middleware differences, I don't know what is coming in Icehouse,
the release currently being worked on.

> 2) In api-paste.ini there is typical construction for middlewares:
>
> use = call:nova.api.auth:pipeline_factory
> noauth = faultwrap sizelimit ...
> keystone = faultwrap sizelimit authtoken keystonecontext ...
> keystone_nolimit = faultwrap sizelimit authtoken keystonecontext ...
>
> What is those directives (noauth, keystone, keystone_nolimit)? I
> understand their meaning by names, but what exactly they means and which
> line is used for processing requests?
>
> Are they related to auth_strategy=keystone in nova.conf?

Yes.
noauth: legacy still hanging around for migration to a shared identity
service
keystone: OpenStack's shared Identity service
keystone_nolimit: this may have something to do with v3 but I'm unable to
figure it out, hopefully some others can chime in on this use case.

Anne