[Openstack] [Neutron] setup metadata proxy in Havana

Darragh O'Reilly dara2002-openstack at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 14:06:43 UTC 2014

On Monday, 13 January 2014, 13:34, Jonathan Proulx <jon at jonproulx.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Darragh O'Reilly
><dara2002-openstack at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi Jon,
>>
>> the RST is probably because the curl request was to port 8775. Can you try again to port 80 and also use -n with tcpdump.
>
>Thanks for the extra eyes on that one, been a long weekend and not so
>much in the good way, I didn't mean to be using :8775
>
>> I was able to get metadata from the DHCP namespace proxy on a provider network with an external router working by pushing out a static route to 169.154.169.254 with DHCP. There are more details and a workarounds here https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1236783  - Note I did not use enable_metadata_network.
>
>That's basicaly what I had working with Grizzly.
>
>Now I'm getting an internal server error because:
>
>connect(13, {sa_family=AF_FILE,
>path="/var/lib/quantum/metadata_proxy"}, 33) = -1 ECONNREFUSED
>(Connection refused)

hmm - I wonder if your problem is to do with a quantum/neutron naming mixup?
Was this an upgrade install? Your state_path still seems to be /var/lib/quantum/

Is the neutron-metadata-agent listening on /var/lib/neutron/metadata_proxy instead?

lsof | grep metadata_proxy