[Openstack] [Keystone] performance issues after havana upgrade

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Sun Jan 12 07:01:10 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 10:57 PM, Morgan Fainberg <m at metacloud.com> wrote:
> Sounds good!  Just remember that prior to the fix I posted there, for each
> token in the user’s index, it incurred a round-trip to memcached to validate
> the token wasn’t expired.  This change makes it so that there are
> significantly less trips from keystone to memcached.
>
> If this doesn’t 100% solve the issue, we should start digging further into
> what is going on, but I am confident this will (at the very least) help a
> reasonable amount.

You sir are a miracle worker, my hat is off!

The responsiveness of everything is better than it's ever been, my
users will think this is the best feature the upgrade.

For example earlier today I managed to launch 10 VMs in parallel,
eventually, I'd guess on the order of 5-10min.  One of my usual
acceptance tests is being able to launch 100 VMs in that time.  Just
now Iaunched 100 in <2min from request until they'd all been
provisioned and were booting.  Now there's too many moving pieces and
too few experimental samples to make any publishable claims, but your
patch is the only thing that changed.

Thanks,
-Jon