[Openstack] CentOS Network Create problem

Thanassis Parathyras aparathyras at stackmasters.eu
Thu Jan 9 14:21:15 UTC 2014

Hi George,

in the guide you are using nova-network service is deployed on the
compute node, so you need br100 only on it (and every compute node)
so forget what i wrote about controller and compute
as a guide to setup br100 try this link
(http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly/openstack-compute/install/yum/content/compute-configuring-guest-network.html)

but be careful with the interface you use, in your case (as described in
the guide you follow) eth1 is the right one

for the deployment i would suggest you try using a deployment tool like
RDO, following the guide found under the link below
   http://openstack.redhat.com/Quickstart
then there are configuration option on setting all-in-one or multi-node
deployments
as well as using neutron or nova-network or adding compute nodes

for the networking part i suggest try using neutron, but this might not
be an easy solution as you will need to study and understand some things
about it.

in any case, keep updating and i will help
Thanassis

Thanassis Parathyras
StackMasters - The European OpenStack Integration Company
www.stackmasters.eu