[Openstack] Using KVM for Large Infrastructures

Mridhul Pax mridhul at live.com
Thu Jan 9 14:17:09 UTC 2014

Hello Stackers,
Any one using KVM as hypervisor in the production servers ? We are planning to use KVM as hypervisor in our production systems and we are planning to use 5 hypervisor nodes (~40 vms per hypervisor).
How scalable is KVM when used with openstack ? Any limitations ?
Any ideas on handling HA (live migration) and Storage Motions ?
Is there a way I can restrict IOPS per VMs ?
Which Hypervisor is recommended to use with Openstack ?

Thanks in advanceMridhul