[Openstack] [nova] Problem building nova docs

Mike Spreitzer mspreitz at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 6 22:37:41 UTC 2014

Matt Riedemann <mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote on 01/06/2014 03:14:45
PM:

> Try "sudo pip install oslo.sphinx" and then rebuild.  If you're missing
> a package, check to see if it's listed in the nova requirements.txt or
> test-requirements.txt files.

That solved the problem.  oslo.sphinx is absent from nova/requirements.txt
and present in nova/test-requirements.txt.  nova/doc/README.rst has
instructions for building the Nova docs and they do not mention manually
installing anything.  I think this means there is a bug here somewhere.
Does OpenStack have a general position on where requirements for
doc-building are listed?

Thanks,
Mike