[Openstack] Galera + pt-archiver issues?

Matthew Mosesohn raytrac3r at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 16:03:44 UTC 2014

Hi Stackers,

I'm curious to find out if we have anyone already using pt-archiver to
purge Keystone tokens in MySQL + Galera in production under heavy load with
Galera in multi-master mode. I'm referring to the tripleo script that uses
pt-archiver to clean up keystone tokens here:
https://github.com/openstack/tripleo-image-elements/blob/master/elements/keystone/cleanup-keystone-tokens.sh

I have two questions:
Does this need to be run on every Galera host or just against one?
Second, does it have any major impact on production? What is the likelihood
of causing issues with API DB transactions while pt-archiver is purging
keystone tokens table?

Thanks in advance!

-Matthew Mosesohn