[Openstack] Shrinking allocation_pool in Grizzly?

Markku Tavasti markku.tavasti at cybercom.com
Mon Feb 17 11:46:11 UTC 2014

Hello!

I need to resize (shrink) allocation pool in existing subnets. Change
has to be done 'on the fly', all subnets in use, with running instances
on them.

There is existing bug ( https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1111572
) which is to be fixed in future, but I need to do this somehow in Grizzly.

I tried to update allocation pool in mysql database, but did not find
what are needed services to restart?
I restarted quantum-server and quantum-dhcp-agent, but still, new,
smaller allocation_pool is not honored, but ip's outside pool are used.

Any suggestions how to achieve desired functionality? I assume I should
restart more services, but I can't figure out what?

Running RedHat RDO packaged grizzly.

--Tavasti