[Openstack] [glance] Multiple instances of glance

Ritesh Nanda riteshnanda09 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 17:32:26 UTC 2014

Hello ,

For Regions approach , then you need to have all openstack services expect
keystone defined in one region and all in another region.

Have a look at the blueprint might it solve your question

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/image-location-status
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance/+spec/image-location-selection-strategy

Regards,
Ritesh

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Muralidhar Balcha <muralidharb at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Dheeru,
> I am not looking for a HA solution. Our use case requires us to expose
> certain number of images using our own glance service so second option is
> interesting. I haven't seen any option in nova cli to specify a glance end
> point. Can you specify a glance end point from different region during nova
> create?
>
> Thanks,
> Murali Balcha
>

> On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 11:12 PM, dheeru <dheerendra.madhusudhana at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>
>> You have two options. You can have multiple installations.
>>
>> 1. You can install the OpenStack in HA mode. In this case you may not be
>> able to specify the URL.
>> 2. Create end points in keystone with different regions for glance.
>> During any request you can specify the regionName. I have not tried this.
>> It should work.
>>
>> -Dheeru
>> @Community Service
>>
>> On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 5:20 AM, Muralidhar Balcha <muralidharb at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> Can an openstack installation have multiple glance instances? If so can
>>> it be possible to specify image url from a specific glance service during
>>> nova create operation?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Murali Balcha
>>> 508 494 5007