[Openstack] [openstack-user] About installing CLI for swift on windows

Dmitry Mescheryakov dmescheryakov at mirantis.com
Mon Feb 3 09:28:15 UTC 2014

Mayur,

An observation: the stack trace shows that pkg_resources failed to import
'shell' module. At the same time swift's entry point is
'swiftclient.shell:main'. As if pkg_resources tries to import 'shell'
instead of 'swiftclient.shell' for some reason. Can't give you more hints
as I am not accustomed to develop under Windows. One thing I can suggest is
to use swift client under Linux if you can. The client works in Linux out
of the box.

Dmitry