[Openstack] cinder migrate

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Fri Dec 19 21:05:26 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 12:12 AM, Nikesh Kumar Mahalka
<nikeshmahalka at vedams.com> wrote:
> http://paste.openstack.org/show/153041/

I think the main thing is your host specification is wrong, as I
mentioned in IRC you need the pool designation now as well:

    juno-devstack-block at lvmdriver-4#lvmdriver-4

You can and should verify that naming by creating a volume on that
host and doing a show on it, look for the os-vol-host-attr:host
attribute.  This will also enable you to verify that you've configured
the lvmdriver-4 service correctly as well.  Also, as I mentioned
before I'd start this without the volume-type being assigned, then go
from there.  I have no idea what's in your extra-specs for that type
so it may or may not matter.

I think we have a blueprint or bug to clarify this and provide an API
call to get the "real" hostname needed, I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks,
John