[Openstack] (Juno) Swift Dashboard error

Don Waterloo don.waterloo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 23:43:01 UTC 2014

On 2 December 2014 at 11:50, Amit Anand <aanand at viimed.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Thank you all for your help earlier getting through my issues - it looks
> like I have more or less a functioning environment! I do have one error
> which Im getting and have no idea why as I do not see anything in
> /var/log/messages on why this is occurring. Basically when I click on "View
> Details" on an Object I get this popup error from the Dashboard:
>
> "Danger: An error has occurred. Please try again later." (screenshot below)
>
> But if I click on the View Details of the container all comes up fine. I
> can then take the URL and add the name of the file im trying to access and
> works just fine. Anyone have any ideas?

I had this problem. the 'danger' is a bootstrap thing, an error has occured
(e.g. a 500 error) on an ajax call.

for me, i turned on logging in horizon, and found that i was

ERROR 2014-12-02 23:14:10,608 base 36395 140110630778624 Error while
checking action permissions.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/horizon/tables/base.py", line
1234, in _filter_action
    return action._allowed(request, datum) and row_matched
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/horizon/tables/actions.py", line
136, in _allowed
    self.allowed(request, datum))
  File "./openstack_dashboard/dashboards/project/networks/tables.py", line
94, in allowed
    if usages['networks']['available'] <= 0:
KeyError: 'available'

e.g. there was no key 'available' in the usages. usages['networks'] has
only part of the quota. I modified the code to be
"        if 'networks' in usages and 'available' in usages['networks'] and
usages['networks']['available'] <= 0:"
instead of
"        if usages['networks']['available'] <= 0:"

but u can find your specific problem by enabling the horizon logging.

I enabled logging as below in local_settings.py
(/etc/openstack-dashboard/local_settings.py on Ubuntu).

LOGGING = {
        'file': {
            'level': 'ERROR',
            'class': 'logging.FileHandler',