[Openstack] SSL Configuration

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Tue Dec 2 14:10:24 UTC 2014

> Can someone point me to the right direction on how to secure publicly
> available services (e.g. nova,keystone,glance) with an SSL certificate?

Hi,

We offload this task to our load-balancer solution.
(assuming you can live with unencrypted traffic between lb and the services)

Makes management of ssl in general a lot easier since it is just one location to setup and maintain.
Since you probably want a load balancer anyway to make the endpoints HA it makes sense to also use it for this.
We use a commercial solution but a quick google tells me you can also do this with haproxy ;)

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen