[Openstack] No IP addresses through DHCP because DHCP port down?

Chris contact at progbau.de
Tue Aug 26 12:17:44 UTC 2014

Hello

The instances I create doesn't get an IP address. I can see the request on
the neutron node but the DHCP server is not answering.

Neutron successfully creates ports for the instances, the ports are up and
working as expected.

The dhcp port is also created but with the status: DOWN and binding:vif_type
is binding_failed.

Please see here: http://pastebin.com/E1Xx1pNw

How could it be binding_faild when the port is already created.

What is also strange in a different Icehouse installation the tag of the
dhcp port is "1" in this one its "4095".

Thanks for any help!

Christoph